Dec 18, 2012

6 Christmas Portraits.

Its been a while since my last post...so in the spirit of the holidays and the fact that I'm a sucker for these films round this time of year, I thought I'd shake off some dust with a nice round of portraits.  I had planned 12 in this series but I'm also finaling a game right now...crazy. 
These started out as an exercise in rendering using a great set of graphite brushes my friend Tony turned me onto.  You can find the brushes here.  It's interesting to see the evolution move towards a more Struzan"esque" treatment as I went along...damnit I couldn't help myself!



These were created obviously with heavy use of reference from the following films in order in which i did em,
A Christmas Carol [1984]
A Muppet Christmas Carol [1992]
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation[1989]
A Muppet Family Christmas [1987]
A Christmas Story [1983]
Its a Wonderful Life [1946]

These were great fun and I look forward to doing another round of these at Halloween!

I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Barret.

1 comment:

  1. yes! these are great man, I am really impressed with all of them, but the evolution is really awesome too. Got to tap fozzy jimmy as my faves.... you really let the mid-tone do it's job on these man.... awesome.

    Needless to say, it is an expert handling of fake media.

    miss you.

    hi to the nlg fam.

    t

    ReplyDelete